Below are excerpts, by topic, from the Call to Convention (complete document on left)
Late October and early November training and presentations:
- Presentations: Finance and Budget presentation sessions are scheduled for
- Wednesday, November 10, 2021, 4:30 p.m. to 6:00 p.m. and
- Saturday, November 13, 2021, 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. (open to any interested attendee.)
- Training: How to use Zoom (open to any interested attendee, date and time to be announced.)
- Training: Online voting system (voting clergy and certified delegates / alternates only, dates and times to be announced.)
Resolution Hearing will be held before convention, Sunday, October 24, 1:30 p.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Preliminary Agenda(all sessions via Zoom)
Saturday, November 20
- 8:00 a.m. Check-in, voter authentication (for those in attendance)
- 9:00 a.m. Call to order, Business Session I
- 11:30 a.m. Lunch break
- 12:15 p.m. Business Session II
- report on elections
- ministry presentations
- additional balloting as needed
- voting on resolutions
- 2:00 p.m. Holy Eucharist, including bishop’s address
- Adjournment at the conclusion of worship service
- Nominations for elected offices — August 20
- Audited parish financials — September 1
- Certification of Delegation — September 21
- Certification of Canonical Clergy — September 21
- Resolution Submission — September 21
- Convention Registration — November 1
Registering for convention means the enrollment of every person who plans to attend in person (read more in the Call to Convention). Registration enables planners to set up properly for meals, convention seating, worship layout, voting, and a hundred other details. There is a fee to register, paid at the time of registration. Registration deadline is November 1. Registration link will be provided at a later time.
For tips on writing a resolution and examples of resolutions, see the Call to Convention.
Click here to view the 236th wrap-up, photographs, and results.