An ecumenical service for
Racial Reconciliation and Healing
January 16, 2022, 7:00 p.m.
The Rev. Dr. Jacqui Lewis
Dr. Lewis is Senior Minister at Middle Collegiate Church in New York City. In her activism, preaching, speaking, writing, and teaching, Dr. Lewis advocates for racial justice, gun control, economic equity, and LGBTQIA+ rights. She has written several books, including the most recent, Fierce Love. Website: jacquijlewis.com
The Episcopal Church in Delaware, the Rt. Rev. Kevin S. Brown, and Christian leaders across the state join together in extending an invitation to this ecumenical service of racial reconciliation and healing, scheduled on, the eve of Martin Luther King, Jr., Day, January 16.
Below is a video of the service that was held on January 16.
Christian leaders participating in this ecumenical service are:
- Bishop Charles L Amos, Union American Methodist Episcopal Church
- The Rt. Rev. Kevin S. Brown, Episcopal Church in Delaware
- Rev. Dr. Erika Crawford, Mt. Zion AME, Dover
- The Rev. Terry Dougherty, Ocean View Presbyterian Church
- Bishop Latrelle Easterling, Baltimore-Washington Conference, UMC
- Fr. John Hynes, St. Catherine of Siena Roman Catholic Church, Wilmington
- The Rev. Dr. Melissa Lemons, Unity Lutheran Church, Wilmington
- Rev. Freeman L. Palmer, Conference Minister, Central Atlantic Conference United Church of Christ