We believe in an unchanging God: unchanging in love, unchanging in faithfulness, unchanging in supplying comfort and peace.
There are many agencies, organizations, and churches that provide social ministries in the state of Delaware. While the lists below are broad, it does not reflect each one. More information can be found at delaware211.org or by calling 2-1-1- or 1-800-560-3372. Text your zip code to 898-211.
See Code Purple information at the bottom of the page.
Emmanuel Dining Room – Emmanuel Dining Room offers daily nutritious meals served at no cost, no questions asked. The program operates at three locations:
- Emmanuel Dining Room East
226 North Walnut Street
Wilmington, DE 19801-3934
- Emmanuel Dining Room West
121 North Jackson Street
Wilmington, DE 19805-3670
- Emmanuel Dining Room South
500 Rogers Road
New Castle, DE 19720-1398
- Provides nutritious foods to Delawareans in need and facilitates long-term solutions to the problems of hunger and poverty through community education and advocacy.
Food Pantries – Listed by city in Delaware
- Nutritionally balanced hot meals for homebound persons 60 and over or adults with disabilities 18 and over
- Delivery of a nutritious meal, friendly volunteer visit, and safety check help seniors cope with three of the biggest threats of aging: hunger, isolation, and loss of independence.
- To learn more about SNAP or apply for benefits
- Code Purple Emergency Shelter
- Delaware Attorney General’s Mortgage/Foreclosure Mediation
- Delaware Emergency Assistance Services and Rent
- Delaware Emergency Mortgage Assistance Program
- Delaware Low Income Housing
- Delaware Mortgage Assistance and Foreclosure Prevention Program
- Delaware State Housing Authority
- Delaware State Housing Authority Rental Programs
- Delmarva Power Help with Payment
- Fair Housing Information Center
- Habitat for Humanity Kent County
- Habitat for Humanity New Castle County
- Habitat for Humanity Sussex County
- Homeownership Assistance Delaware
- Home Repair Programs
- Housing Counselors
- National Charities and Organizations
- Utility and Security Deposit Assistance:, Catholic Charities
- Utility and Security Deposit Assistance, Lutheran Community Services
- Utility and Security Deposit Assistance, West End Neighborhood House
- Section 8 Program Information
- Shelter/Transitional Housing
- Services and support for AIDS patients
- Located in each county for under-insured/uninsured patients with a sliding fee scale based on income
- Medical assistance to eligible low-income families and aged, blind, or disabled persons with low income
- There are 30 free clinics in the state of Delaware. They are listed by city name on this website
- Federal government agency improving access to health care services for families and individuals who are uninsured, underinsured, medically vulnerable, or who need assistance with paying their medical bills. The agency coordinates with local clinics around the country to assist low income families.
- Resources for assistance programs
- Support options and resources
- A range of health care services for low income and uninsured residents of Delaware
Code Purple Hotline for those experiencing homelessness. 302-519-0024